Thursday, June 25, 2009

Columbia

Columbia


Until the night felt under the drenching lifeless body
Motionless and notated in the likeness of each others skin
Watching those fingers run up my chest
Tickling the goose bumps
The lattice of nerves
Insomnia is my cornerstone
As stricken hypertension
This is my appeal
Can you understand when I am walking in
A daze for weeks
Watching myself between sleep and awake
I contemplated the analeptic credo
The one who says “I’m sorry”
I miss you
The way you smelled and the ay you danced in the dirt
Crashing fists through the mirror of progress
Slicking this greasy hair back and driving
Into the scenic backdrop
I cant speak
Wasting away staring at those magazine covers
Those pretty woman with their
Airbrushed asses
Oiled up like the painted canvas
Behind the spectacles of disaster
Every street corner has a name
That the rest of us have lived on.
Jostling elbows and hitching a ride
I am enriched beyond the re defying luscious lips
Begging into the walls that have just been built.
Poisoning the strands and a tender drug addiction
Juicing the congressional district
I am mobile and can move this gregarious ego of
Mine anywhere.
Just look at their eyes light up.
And feared beyond their mothers whispers.

No comments: