Thursday, June 25, 2009

The red light above my bed.

In the doorway and kept away
These cold hands.
Beyond the pine woods and resinous breath
Echo in between each others fracture
I shovel the grains of dirt
Onto the faces of everyone from my past
Denting the future
I loved them all
They became names in a dictionary
I remember the red sheets, the cracks in the wall
The small little lights hovering above
The best way we could make love was in the dark
Reaching for everything in new wondrous beginning.
Is this all new to you young lover?
Lets try it like this.
I feel you in the palm of my hands
But I was in yours.
Its so horizontal the way we saw each other
Lets catch this crisp dusk before it fades
Slamming your hands against that
Solid adobe wall
Screaming and trembling.
It was all so compulsive
And so destructive.
Look at the rest of the water dripping into the kitchen
Kicking the door down
Releasing the moment from time after time.
We are different now.

No comments: